Sunday, March 13, 2011

Many Thanks

It is Sunday afternoon and I am now only a few days away from leaving for Israel. There are a few people I want to thank for helping to make this trip a reality for me. You all know the saying that "It takes a village to raise a child.".....well "It also takes a village to send Keith to Israel."

I have always felt truly blessed with the direction that my professional life has taken. I have had the opportunity to spend the last 23+ years working for an organization that is comprised of the most caring, supportive and professional people that anyone could ask for. My administrators and colleagues at Webster Schroeder HS have gone above and beyond in their support of my participation in this Educator Bridge. District Superintendent Adele Bovard, Human Resource Chief Carm Gumina, my Principal Joe Pustulka, Director of Pupil Services Shelly Cahoon, and my direct Administrator Paula Chase all have been nothing but completely supportive of this adventure. Words can not adequately convey the depth of my gratitude for their support. A huge thank you to Jim Kruse for filling in for me while Im gone. And I would be totally remiss if I did not thank Dave Waltman for helping me to set up this blog. Where would we all be in the year 2011 without people like Dave who get all this technology stuff.

A big thank you goes to Jan Katz and the Rochester Jewish Federation for organizing and financially supporting this program. This is a huge undertaking, and yet, with Jan along ( those who know her totally get this) there is no question that it will go smoothly and that everyone involved will have a meaningful experience.

Lastly, this trip would not be a reality for me without the complete support of my wife Carol. From the moment the possibility of applying for this program became known, Carol, without any hesitation, said "do it." I am married to a woman who lives a life that exemplifies Jewish values.....even long before she was Jewish :). She is loving and supportive, a great friend who gives of herself freely, the worlds best mom!!, and she is my partner in life. Thanks Sweet!!!! I love you...and next time its your turn!!!!!

Daily life goes by in a heartbeat...we are busy....maybe even inattentive at times to the gifts that exist in our lives. As I get ready for this trip, I am reminded of how incredibly fortunate I am. My life is filled with the most amazing people!

Keith



Keith

1 comment:

  1. Seeing what you've done so far with this blog...you are an excellent student! Glad to help. This is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete